Before you set off on your adventure there are a few road rules you’ll need to know. By following these tips you’re more likely to avoid any unwanted surprises so you can focus on having a great time exploring Australia.
- In Australia we drive on the left-hand side of the road. A good tip is if you’re driving, you should be the one closest to the center line (not your passenger).
- Be sure you and all passengers wear seatbelts when driving in the vehicle. It’s the law.
- There’s a good chance your motorhome or campervan is longer and higher than the vehicle you’re used to driving at home. Take care when reversing and always check bridge heights before going under.
- Child seats must be used at all times. You’ll find more information about child seats on your vehicle page under ‘Something more’.
- We know how exciting it is to get on the road in your shiny new home, but just take your time getting used to its height, width and speed so you’re less likely to have an accident.
- Please remember that unsealed roads are not covered by insurance.
- In Australia we have an abundance of beautiful beaches, great coffee and speed cameras. We highly recommend sticking to the speed limits for you and your wallet’s safety.
- Australian animals are especially active at dusk and dawn so take extra care during these times when driving. Our furry friends will thank you for it.
- Take a break from driving every two hours. Your destination isn’t going anywhere and you’ll feel refreshed after a 10-minute break.